Sometimes when I get quiet here it’s because I feel like I don’t know anything. Nothing. And that’s not completely true. So here’s a list of a few things I do know.
- I know if you are looking for sea glass on the beach, the best place to find it is in the patches of little pebbles.
- I know that butter and flour and baking powder and salt, mixed together and baked at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes produces crispy, little pillows of heaven (aka biscuits).
- I know that as I get older, my body gets less forgiving and sometimes that means that little aches and pains will never be cured, they will only be managed.
- I know rainbow painted toenails will make approximately 60% of the general public smile.
- I know that lasting change comes from compassion.
- I know that compassion for others, only comes after compassion for self.
- I know despite everything, this hunk of flesh in my chest keeps moving and keeps showing me that it is amazingly capable of love.